Related to Academics
- Students must enter in Classroom before the scheduled time of Lecture.
- Bunking class individually or as a group shall be viewed as a severe offense, and a stern disciplinary action shall be taken against the defaulters.
- Students shall keep a strict watch over their attendance in each subject.
- Students shall take prior permission from their HOD(s)/ Director in case of leave(s) for genuine reasons.
- Students willing to participate in any Sports/Cultural event shall take prior special leave duly approved by HOD(s)/ Director and the event coordinator.
- Students must not share their Internet access IDs with anyone as the entire Internet, Email & other IT related activities are under observation of the IT team. Any report of misuse or breach of IT policy will lead to disciplinary action.
- Any application shall be forwarded to the competent authorities only via prescribed channel i.e., Class Incharge-> HOD-> Director.
- Use of Mobile Phones during Classes and Examination is strictly prohibited.
- Students will be allowed to go out of Institute’s premises by submitting signed Gate Pass at Exit gates.
Related to Library
Institute's library remains open from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM during the academic session. The students shall be authorized to draw 03 books from the library at a time of one week. All the books on loan shall be returned on or before the due date otherwise an overdue charge will be levied as:
- Rs. 10/- if returned within 5 days (after due date)
- Rs. 20/- if returned within 6 to 10 days (after due date)
- Rs. 30/- if returned within 11 to 15 days (after due date) and so on
Related to Identity Card
- Every student is supposed to get an Identity Card.
- Every student must be in possession of Identity card with him/her within the stipulated time as per the direction of the concerned authorities. Failure to produce the identity card on demand by the competent authority will lead to disciplinary action/imposition of a fine.
- Loss of the identity card must be promptly reported to HOD/Director immediately, and a new card can be obtained typically within a week at a nominal fee.
Related to Attendance
- A student must be regular and punctual in class attendance.
- If a student remains absent from the institute without any continuous information for two weeks, his/her name will be struck off from the institute's rolls. In that case, the student may be readmitted once on the recommendation of the concerned HOD to the Director.
- The students not fulfilling the attendance criteria of 75% (as laid down by the affiliating university) will NOT be allowed to appear in University Exams. Only 10% relaxation may be given to the students on the grounds of medical illness, only on the recommendation of their respective HOD(s)/Director after producing the valid & authentic medical certificate.
Related to General Conduct
A student shall conform to exceptional standards of discipline and shall conduct himself within and outside the Institute's premises, in a manner benefitting the student and the College. Disciplinary misconduct constitutes but not limited to one or more of any of the following acts, and any student found guilty of disciplinary misconduct shall be liable for severe disciplinary action besides the action imposed under any law or regulation in force:
- Physical assault or threat to use physical force against any staff/faculty member or any student.
- Carrying of, possession, use of, or threat of use of or abetting the use of any kind of weapons including sticks, rods, guns, swords, etc. and any kind of firework, crackers or any other explosives or anything which are barred by the Institute and/or the law.
- Misbehavior or cruelty towards any other student, teacher, or any other employee.
- Possession, use of or dealing with or abetting the use of any kind of intoxicating material including alcohol, drugs of any kind, gutka, tobacco, cigarettes, or any other sedative materials or anything, except those prescribed by a qualified doctor.
- Any violation of the provisions of the Civil Rights Protection Act, 1976, or any other law for the time being in force.
- Indulging in or encouraging violence or any conduct which involves moral turpitude.
- Any form of gambling.
- Discrimination against any student or a member of staff on grounds of caste, creed, religious language, place of origin, social and cultural background, or any of them.
- Practicing casteism and untouchability in any form or inciting any other person to do so.
- Any practice-whether verbal or otherwise-derogatory of women.
- Behaving in a rowdy, intemperate, or disorderly manner in the premises as the case may be, or encouraging, or inciting any other person to do so.
- Forming, joining or associating or attaching with or continuation of being a member or inciting others to, create or join or associate or connect with or continue to be a member of, an association, union, forum, group, etc. the objects or activities of which are prejudicial to the interest of the Institute or public order, decency or morality.
- Engagement or participation or inciting others to participate in any demonstration prejudicial to the interest of the Institute or public order, decency or morality or that involves contempt of court, defamation or incitement to an offense.
- Resorting to or, in any way, abet any form of a walkout, mass cut, strike, agitation, campaigning, etc. or any other form of protest in connection with any matter pertaining to study or otherwise, in and outside the Institute.
- Any attempt at bribing or corruption in any manner.
- Any attempt or threat to commit suicide or likewise or abetting or inciting any other person to commit suicide or anything unwarranted and/or prohibited by law or otherwise.
- Willful destruction or any damage caused to the property of the Institute either alone or jointly with others.
- Creating ill-will or intolerance on religious or communal grounds or inciting any other student to do so.
- Disrupting in any manner of the academic or other functioning of the system of the Institute.
- Disobeying the instructions of teachers or the authorities.
- Any sort of unwanted gestures, postures, expressions, movements, comments, actions, etc. made towards any student, employee, or person, in or outside the Institute campus.
- Indulging in or encouraging any form of disruptive activity connected with tests, examinations, or any other activity of the Institute.
- Truancy and unpunctuality.
- Giving publicity through any statement or demonstration or otherwise in any form to misleading accounts or spreading rumor, amongst the students, employees or otherwise, about the Institute.
- Out bursting or publishing any statement or disclosing any information or such like thing to/for any media (including any print media, radio broadcast or telecast or through Internet or announcements or posters, pamphlets or any other way) or public regarding the matters pertaining to the study of the student himself or other students or any other issues related to the Institute.
- Employing the name of the College and any of their constituents or their emblem or seal or material or any of its graphic identification symbols or abbreviations or likewise, anywhere, to endorse or promote individual enterprises or to enhance private gain or otherwise.
- Collecting any money from any student or any employee for any purpose, including donations, contributions/and gathering without the Institute's written approval.
- Breach of faith and/or any conduct on the part of the prejudicial student to the interest of the Institute.
- Ragging/indiscipline/misbehavior/hooliganism, etc. within or outside the precincts of the Institute. And any other activities which in the judgment of the competent authority calculated to lead to misconduct or indiscipline or malpractice or likewise in the Institute.
- He/She shall have the seriousness of purpose and shall in every way, train himself/herself to lead a life of earnest endeavor and co-operation.
- To safeguard its ideals of scholarship, character, and personal behavior, the Institute reserves the right to require the withdrawal of any student at any time for any reason deemed sufficient.
- The Head of Institution can impose minor punishments, suspension from Institute pending inquiry by a committee, and vacation of the hostel. Major punishments like expulsion from the Institute, withdrawal of candidature from appearing in Institute examination shall be executed by Director/Principal on the recommendation of the disciplinary committee.
- Consumption of alcohol or any other intoxicant and smoking, etc. is strictly prohibited in the Institute as well as hostels. Such students shall be liable for punishment and disciplinary action which may include expulsion/suspension from the institution or hostel or imposition of fine or all of them.
- A student passing out need to fill up the necessary security reimbursement form within 3 months of completion of their degree program.
- No applications for refund would be entertained after the last date of admissions.
- Eligible SC, ST, OBC, PwD students should submit their scholarship form for the academic year by February or the date specified by the Government.
- The students shall submit the next semester fee before the starting of the semester.